09 June, 2010

Who's goin to SummerFest?



I couldn't decide this morning if I wanted to write about the ultimate summer backyard party playlist or the quickly approaching SummerFest, which is taking place in Milwaukee June 24 to July 4.

As I started downloading tracks from the SummerFest artists I realized this WAS the beginning of a great party playlist. So lucky me...two birds, one stone.

Even if you can't make it to SummerFest this year, you'll still have a pretty healthy foundation below to start your summer playlist.

I've never been to SummerFest, although I've wanted to attend for many years. They always seem to put together a pretty diverse lineup. And as soon as I saw Modest Mouse on the lineup for July 3, I knew I had to go. After all, it's a $12 entry fee. If you're within a reasonable driving distance to Milwaukee, there is no reason you can't come as well.

So here's your preview. Hope you can make it!




Modest Mouse - I Came As A Rat


Thievery Corporation - Shadows Of Ourselves


Passion Pit - Live To Tell The Tale


Cage The Elephant - Back Against The Wall


The Melismatics - Soul Sucker


The Bravery - An Honest Mistake


-

No comments:

Post a Comment