30 June, 2010

Lighten up!!!



What is it with people today? It just seems like everyone is a goddam crab ass lately...myself included. It's summertime, and we should all be thankful we're alive. The sun is shining bright, the breeze is blowing women's skirts up throughout the city, and all the lanes are open on the Eisenhower expressway! C'mon people...cheer up!

I've decided to take it upon myself to lift everyone's spirits today with some "pick me up" jams. Sit back, relax, pick up a 12-pack of Sol or Pacifico (Mexican beer seems to hit the spot in the summer), put on your shades, and f*cking enjoy the day.

I'm sick of hearing you cry about your lame 9-to-5 job. I don't want to hear about how your lame boyfriend forgot to throw out the trash. Quit crying about your bills and gas prices. You think you're the only one with problems? No, genius, you're not. We've all got 'em. So do yourself a favor and FORGET about them. Drink the day away and sway to some tunes. That's what I'll be doing the rest of the summer.

Cheers!



OK Go - This Too Shall Pass


Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights


The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire


Broken Bells - The High Road


Felix da Housecat - Rocket Ride (Freeform Five Reform)


Caribou - Odessa


Cage the Elephant - Back Against the Wall


JJ - My Way


The Melismatics - Soul Sucker


Mount Sims - How We Do

-

3 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. People trying to drag me down when I'm on top of the world. And life is SOOOOOO good. Great tracks! I can't wait to listen to all of them. My favorite happy jam lately is Pheonix, Lisztomania, I love blasting this music and cruising down the 290 with my arm out the window.

    Thanks Jazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Stars, "Tomorrow Will Be Better I Swear" too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete