14 May, 2010

Foals Friday!



A little over a year ago, I posted a few tracks off of Foals' debut album Antidotes. I became pretty obsessed with them at the time. The album grew on me, more and more each day. And to this day, I blast those sassy tracks when I need a little pick-me-up.

I waited and waited and waited some more for a new album to come out. And my prayers were finally answered this week! The new Foals album,
Total Life Forever, was released earlier this week and I haven't stopped playing it yet. It's definitely different than their first album. Less sass, more imaginative. The band members have been cited saying this album is more "tropical prog." And I'd have to agree.

Here's a little sample for your taste buds. These are the opening two tracks of the album. If you like what you hear, I suggest BUYING the album. That's right, I said it. Buy the damn thing!




Foals - Blue Blood


Foals - Miami

-

1 comment:

  1. I like Jazzy! It reminds me of happy high-pitched Minus The Bear guitars and the scruffy vocals of Modest Mouse.

    I think I could have one or two songs from them in my itunes library but nothing more really. Maybe they need to grow on me but I'm not blown away or antyhing.

    Are they going to be at Lolla?

    ReplyDelete