20 April, 2011

I just wanna get drunk and stoned with my friends


...and what better background music than dreamy, stoner rock?

I know you're probably thinking I'm writing this in honor of the 4/20 celebrations going on today. But that's actually just a coincidence. 

I was actually sitting here thinking about the Mogwai show I'm attending next Friday at The Metro in Chicago, and then I created a playlist of all my favorite stoner rock jams. Then I remembered it's been almost two months since my last post. What a slacker!

Anyhow, here's what I want to say...with no regards to 4/20...

Sometimes the real world gets ugly. Sometimes you just want to get lost in the confines of your own imagination. And this is the kind of pleasant noise that can assist in achieving this lost dream world.

It's music like this that makes me want to be the woman in charge of compiling appropriate soundtrack music for movies. The crap they usually play is awful! I'm not normal, of course. I'm sure the first thing most people notice about a movie is the actor, or the storyline, maybe even the set location, or other typical elements. But me...I like the music to tell the story. And that's what I notice.

These particular tracks, I feel, would suit almost any movie scene that's dark, dirty, greasy, drug-related, sexual, emotionally charged, deadly, suspenceful. Of course, they're not limited to just those situations. But in my mind, that's what I see. Absolute hedonism. 

On that note...I just wanna get drunk and stoned with my friends. And I think I'll do just that. Between now and the Mogwai show. And probably after that, too.

Disclaimer: Don't be ignorant. These are long, progressive tracks. Give the songs a chance. Sometimes they don't make sense until a few minutes into the track. If you hit the stop button before the song is over, do me a favor and block this website from your browser. I don't want assholes reading my blog.



Red Sparowes - Alone And Unaware, The Landscape Was Transformed In Front Of Our Eyes


Mogwai - You're Lionel Richie


Explosions in the Sky - Magic Hours

.

3 comments:

  1. http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jazzysjoynt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&d=I%20LOVE%20JAZZYSJOYNT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as possible, your current toaster retains a vicinity in the kitchen area although the indicated this moment features is a touch of beyond recently.
    Men and women garments give an impression of the fabrication sequence.
    As i was used to our toaster oven, the 1st ceases to a problem.
    type of is actually chewy, however Midwestern cuts for example ,
    .

    my website; ikea toaster oven :: :
    :

    ReplyDelete