28 February, 2011

Funk Monday!

I've recently been introduced to the musical stylings of Chico Mann. Not gonna lie, at first I wasn't impressed. I was bored. But the more I listened to his tracks, the more I envisioned myself blasting guns and robbing banks in a Guy Ritchie crime film.

As a matter of fact, I may take it upon myself to send Mr. Ritchie a personal note recommending he contact Chico when preparing the score for his next film.

I love the way Chico Mann plays up the funk in a modern way, drizzling some Afro-Cuban beats on top.

It seems that the most successful musicians these days have the ability to cunningly take from the past and spin the classics to fit in today's demented culture. Chico does it well.

So check out the tracks below, and let him write your soundtrack this Monday...



No comments:

Post a Comment